Jul 15 2012
Headteacher at International School Seychelles
I am very excited to announce that I have been appointed as Headteacher at the International School of Seychelles. This week was my first as Headteacher in the final week of the summer term, I have been extremely proud this week to see first hand how amazing this school is and have received such a warm welcome from students, staff, parents and the governing body. I want to share more about the school with you but the website is a couple of years out of date but there will be a new one very soon for now check out the standard blurb below:
The International School of Seychelles ISS is an independent, non-profit school that delivers excellence in education. We do this through a safe and caring learning environment where students are challenged to reach their maximum potential through academic success and personal growth, becoming socially responsible and active global citizens.
ISS provides students with a comprehensive university preparatory education utilizing best practices in education from around the world.
Our school is a partnership of excellent staff, committed parents, and dedicated students serving a varied international community
The International School of Seychelles is locally and internationally recognized for excellence in education. ISS is a school in which every student reaches his or her maximum potential through:
- a high quality academic curriculum, a wide array of additional programmes, and an outstanding faculty
- a newly build campus
- an environment which embraces cultural diversity and recognizes that each student is unique and valuable
- The school is recognized as the premier school in the Seychelles and aims to maintain this pre-eminent position.
The Board, staff and parents of The International School of Seychelles believe that:
- Each student is unique and valuable;
- A safe and stimulating learning environment is necessary for fostering student growth;
- An education which celebrates cultural diversity fosters respect among individuals;
- Education should be student centred and is a partnership among students, teachers, parents and the broader community;
- We must challenge and provide support for students to reach their personal potential;
- By providing a broad-based curriculum which emphasizes strong academics and creative expression, students will become self directed learners, effective communicators, collaborative workers, analytical and creative thinkers, producing quality work;
- Education is not limited to the classroom; excursions and travel offer valuable learning opportunities;
- Technology and computer literacy is an integral part of education;
- Physical fitness promotes team building, self–discipline and a healthy lifestyle;
- On leaving ISS, our students are thoroughly prepared to meet the challenges at their next school, whether that be university, secondary or primary level;
- A well-rounded education should provide meaningful opportunities for students to become active, positive members of their community.
I will be posting more information soon on the school and how it will develop so watch this space.